SERVING INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES LIVING WITH MENTAL HEALTH NEEDS IN MIDDLESEX COUNTY SINCE 1968
Programs & Services
Recovery Core Principles
Gilead has always been ahead of the curve in our application of recovery services. Gilead’s therapeutic model honored and respected the desires, rights, and authority of the person in determining his/her recovery path.
In an effort to improve our services and clarify our values, we developed five core principles that exemplified Gilead Recovery Philosophy.
- Gilead services are recovery-oriented. Through hope, people have the ability for each to recover and to be helpful to others.
- Gilead services are person centered. People are empowered by personal choice. We focus on building self-esteem, self-confidence and involve families and friends.
- Gilead services make the most of natural supports. The best supports for recovery are family, friends and community members, not just professional providers.
- Gilead services encourage good quality relationships. People grow by being able to receive and to give in trusting, supportive relationships.
- Gilead services are culturally responsive. Cultural differences are strengths to be supported and used in the recovery process.